Course Description The course is designed to equip you with a working knowledge of descriptive statistics and decision making abilities in the presence of uncertainties. It will also introduce you to both theoretical issues and applications that will be useful in solving statistical problems and real life experience. Specifically, this course aims at providing you with a basic understanding of descriptive statistics (summarizing data), and sampling techniques that are important for statistical work. Course objectives At the end of this course, the trainees should be able to:
- Analyse data sets critically and apply the tools of statistics to improve decision making
- Perform statistical computations on data: generate tabular and graphic display and compute descriptive statistics, estimate population parameters and perform hypothesis testing.
- Explain the technical details and exact interpretation of a statistical analysis results.
- Distinguish between techniques of sampling and decide on the sample size and sampling techniques that are appropriate for each study.
- Communicate the results of statistical work.
- Mathematics: The Core Course for A-Level by L. Bostock & S. Chandler Stanley (Thornes Publishers Ltd).
- Mathematics Standard level for the IB Diploma By Smedley & Wiseman (Oxford).
- Mathematics HL for the international student 3rd Edition by David Martin, Robert Haese, Sandra Haese, Micheal Haese and Mark Humphries.
- Mathematics studies for standard level 3rd Edition by Fabio Cirrito, Vicki Strid, Patrick Tobin.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self